CEDA is a non-profit corporation based in Lewiston, ID that promotes and assists economic and community development and fosters a stable and diversified economy within Clearwater, Latah, Lewis, Idaho, and Nez Perce Counties.
The Economic and Community Development Assistant is responsible for assisting CEDA planning, and development staff serving North Central Idaho communities and people to improve livability and prosperity. This position works as part of the CEDA team, supporting community and economic project development activities related to project planning, research, grant writing and administration. The work CEDA does makes a visible difference across our region.
This position offers the opportunity to develop and implement skills in community and economic development in a dynamic team environment working with a variety of agencies and resources across the region. Staff training is provided.
Essential Job Functions
1. Grant Administration: Perform activities related to grant administration under processes developed by CEDA as required by funding agencies. Complete forms and manage process for grant administration.
2. Project Development Support: Assist CEDA development staff in working with clients and stakeholders to develop and fund projects through grants and other sources.
3. Planning Assistance: Support local and regional planning efforts.
4. Events: Assist in planning and execution of events and workshops for CEDA activities and programs including regional career fairs, workforce development events, and programs and trainings.
5. Communications: Maintain CEDA’s social media and web presence, coordinate newsletter, and other communication materials.
6. Other duties: as determined.
• Education, experience, or transferable skills to meet the requirements for the position.
• Valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle that can be used to meet job-related transportation needs
• Effectively communicate verbally and in writing
• Organize and manage multiple project priorities and meet deadlines
• Work constructively and respectfully with diverse opinions and competing interests to build consensus
• Ability to develop knowledge of public and other funding resources that support community-based projects
• Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications primarily Microsoft Office (minimally Word and Excel, preferably Publisher, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
• Ability to work with data and manage files
• Work effectively as a team member
• Ability to obtain Idaho Community Development Block Grant administrator certification (training provided)
Salary and Benefits
Up to $20/ per hour, DOE. CEDA offers a full compensation package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, and employer-matched 401k retirement plan. Position is Monday through Friday, some night and out of town meetings required, with mileage reimbursed.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications accepted through the CEDA website below. You must provide a Resume, Cover Letter, and Three (3) professional references. Job will be open until filled with applications reviewed upon receipt. The closing deadline is Wednesday, June 7, 2023, at 5:00 pm. CEDA is an EEO Employer.
Applicants must upload, as a single file (PDF or Word) a Cover Letter or Letter of Interest addressing the qualifications, a current resume, and the name and contact information for three (3) professional references using the form below.
"*" indicates required fields